Holy Spirit Renewal Ministry
Holy Spirit Renewal Ministry
Renewal School of Ministry
The Renewal School of Ministry was founded with the desire to encourage ministry that brings renewal to the church in America.
The school offers two certificates.
1. RSOM Leadership Enrichment Certificate:
This certificate is aimed at church leaders who wish to grow in knowledge and skill as they serve in their local churches.
2. RSOM Pastoral Leadership Certificate:
The church today is looking for well-trained people to serve as pastors. Especially this is true in the increasing number of small churches needing a bi-vocational pastor. Many today cannot afford a costly seminary education nor have the luxury of leaving their current job to get that training. Additionally, many are sensing a call to ministry later in life. This degree attempts to prepare people for impactful pastoral ministry through a two year certificate.
Instructors for our 6 week courses are pastoral leaders from the Holy Spirit Renewal Ministry including Dr. John Piippo, Dr. Clay Ford, and Rev. Ed Owens, ABC-MI Consultant for Transition Ministry.
Requirements for Certificates:
1. RSOM Leadership Enrichment Certificate: successful completion of 20 courses for credit (at least 10 will be core curriculum classes)
2. RSOM Pastoral Leadership Certificate: successful completion of 15 core courses, 8 elective classes, and a 1 year mentoring process with an HSRM pastor.
1. Old Testament Survey
2. New Testament Survey
3. Introduction to Theology I
4. Introduction to Theology II
5. How God Changes the Human Heart (Spiritual Formation)
6. The Holy Spirit and the Spirit-Filled Life
7. How to Study and Interpret the Bible (Hermeneutics)
8. Christian World View
10. Missions, Evangelism and Discipleship
11. Communicating God's Word
12. Ministry through Power and Spiritual Gifts
13. Church History and Polity
14. Pastoral Leadership and Congregational Care
15. Foundations of Biblical Worship
Electives will be offered to tailor your study to your specific needs.
Courses will cover three balanced directions of ministry:
1. Upward: Your relationship with God
2. Inward: God’s work in the believer and in the church
3. Outward: Ways we can minister to others
Courses will be offered during our three terms: Fall, Winter, Spring. These classes are offered by Zoom on different evenings of the week, or weekends. Shorter Seminars and the annual conference at Green Lake Conference Center (HSRM) will also gain credits for certificates.
The cost is only $10.00 per course and $5.00 per seminar.
People are welcome to audit courses without working toward a certificate. Auditor’s will not be required to complete homework assignments. .
The following courses will be offered in the next Term
The Class Syllabuses can be found here or click on the course name
The Class Times are 8 PM EDT, 7 PM CDT, 6 PM MDT, 5 PM PDT.
Sunday night @ 8 PM ET Starting September 18 - October 23, 2022
Monday night @ 8 PM ET Starting September 19 - October 24, 2022
Tuesday night @ 8 PM ET Starting September 20 - October 25, 2022
Thursday night @ 8 PM ET Starting September 22 - October 27, 2022
2 Hour Seminar
Date and Time to be determined
The following courses will be offered in the next Terms
Classes beginning January 15, 2023
1. The Nature and Mission of the Church - Pastor Pete Ely
2 Spiritual Formation - Dr. John Piippo
3. Introduction to Theology 2- Pastor Ed Owens
4. Holy Spirit and the Spirit Filled Life - Dr Clay Ford
2 Hour Seminar - Deliverance -Steve Dominguez
Classes beginning March 19,2023
1. Christian World View -Pastor Peter Conlin
2 TBD - DR. John Grove
3. New Testament Survey - Pastor Ed Owens
4. Properly Interpreting Scripture - Dr. Clay Ford
2 Hour Seminar - TBD - Pastor Billy Ford
Clay Ford's class on the Holy Spirit was terrific. He's a great teacher and managed the Zoom learning environment well. It was neat to see classmates from all over the country!
I signed up for the class to learn about the Holy Spirit, but more importantly to learn to be Spirit-filled and more open to having the Spirit active in my life.
Classes are over, but the book, study guide, and class materials give me much to review, study, pray about, explore, and strive for. "Come Holy Spirit!"
First I want to thank you for the class you taught, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I have learned more about the healing ministry, and pray I will get more proficient as I move along in this ministry. I have bought a copy of Peter Wagner's book "How To Have A Healing Ministry--Without Making Your Church Sick". It's a great read thus far. Thanks again for all you have taught us.
God's Blessings to you
The Holy Spirit and The Spirit Filled Life
What really stood out to me in that class was when someone talked about getting in the river. Clay had said that we are fine when we are up to our knees in water and even our chests, but when it gets over our heads is when we really have to rely on the Holy Spirit to guide us. A person in the class related that we can be filled with the Holy Spirit up to our knees, up to our chest or we can ask for more and have him fill us up over our heads, again and again. Clay's use of the stacking boxes as the gifts given to us that we have the opportunity to open or not was powerful. If we are given the option of opening the box or not, we may not open all of the gifts he offers us. I enjoyed all of the classes and will take a couple more next session.
Thank you for checking out our courses offered at the Renewal School of Ministry